Los Angeles, CA
The Department of Medicine at Los Angeles General Medical Center is seeking clinical faculty in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology to join the team. There are needs for IBD, Hepatology, General Gastroenterology, and Interventional Endoscopy (ERCP required). In addition to clinical services, these physicians will be involved in trainee education, clinical research, and improving the delivery of care working alongside faculty at University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine. There are excellent opportunities to make an impact by serving the LA population and develop a robust academic career.
- Candidates must have an MD, DO or equivalent degree.
- Candidates must be board-certified or board eligible in Gastroenterology
- Candidates must have or be eligible for a California medical license or equivalent certification/permit as determined by the Medical Board of California.
- Candidates must have completed a fellowship.
- Desire to practice at the nations’ largest teaching hospitals at a single site, which is conveniently located on a medical campus adjacent to downtown Los Angeles.
- Desire for a rich clinical experience derived from the tremendous variety in pathology.
- Passion for providing high quality clinical patient care to an underserved population.
- Passion to teach and work with GI fellows, residents, and medical students.
- Interest in participating in scholarly activities.
- Opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary conferences, quality initiatives, and hospital committees.
- 40-hour work week including on-call hours
- On call ~ once a month
- Competitive compensation / salary commensurate directly with years of experience. (Not dependent on RVUs).
- Full benefits package through the County of Los Angeles
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility
- Pension AND Retirement plans
- Non-clinical time or compensation proportional to additional responsibilities
Position Benefit Websites
For consideration, please send your CV and cover letter to Brett Banks at Brett.Banks@KornFerry.com.
About LA General
Los Angeles General Medical Center is the cornerstone of the safety-net for the largest county in the United States. As one of the largest public hospitals in the US, we are home to one of the largest GME training centers in the US, with more than 950 residents and fellows, representing nearly 1% of all post graduate trainees in the US.
Los Angeles General Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.