Director of Inpatient Endoscopy
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The University of Washington (UW) Department of Medicine and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (FHCC) seek a Director of Inpatient Endoscopy. The incoming Director will provide care to patients at nationally ranked FHCC, which includes stem cell transplant recipients and delivering outpatient screening and prevention services within the UW system. The work schedule is Monday to Friday, with an average of 30 to 34 procedures and 10 consultations performed weekly. Call responsibilities (three or four weekends per year) will be shared with fellow Gastroenterologists. The successful candidate will enjoy a balanced schedule while making a meaningful impact in a top-tier healthcare environment.
About the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, a world-renowned institution, is at the forefront of the battle against cancer and infectious diseases. Home to three Nobel laureates, the institution has more than 200 distinguished researchers collaborating globally while nurturing the next generation of scientific innovators. As an independent, nonprofit organization and the cancer program for UW Medicine, its unique position enables seamless coordination of care within one of the world's leading integrated health systems. Acknowledged by US News as a top national cancer treatment center, it holds the National Cancer Institute's comprehensive cancer center designation, reflecting scientific leadership and an unwavering commitment to preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer.
· Lead as the Director in this newly established inpatient gastroenterology role
· Join the prestigious Fred Hutch Cancer Center, renowned for its excellence in cancer care and research
· Enjoy independence and autonomy in your role and have the freedom to make a meaningful impact
· As an academic leader, you'll have the opportunity to teach and mentor while delivering clinical care in a hospital setting
· Experience an enviable work-life balance with a schedule of 40-45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on a 3-week-on, 1-week-off rotation
· FHCC is the state's only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer care center and is nationally ranked and high-performing in 6 procedures/conditions
· UW is one of the Best Colleges in the Nation and a Top Public School for 2023
Home to picturesque natural beauty, endless amenities, and friendly individuals, Seattle is ideal for families and individuals alike. Ranked by US News as a Best Place to Live and a Best Place to Retire, this fantastic Pacific Northwest city offers everything you need and more.
· Overall grade of A+ and one of the best places to live in Washington (Niche)
· Washington State is a Best Place to Practice in 2023 (Medscape)
· Ranked the No. 3 "Best Cities for Young Professionals in America" (Niche)
· Fantastic housing options, including in safe, family-oriented neighborhoods
· An excellent local school system
· Breathtaking scenery and endless options for outdoor recreation—ranked #1 in "Best Cities for Outdoor Activities in America" (Niche)
· Forests, mountains, volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls, parks, and rivers are all within driving distance
· Thriving arts and culture scene, world-class shops and restaurants, professional sports, an international airport, and much more
· Washington is ranked No. 2 by US News in "Best States Overall"
· No state income tax in Washington State
Apply for Director of Inpatient Endoscopy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly