Gastroenterology Medicine Physician
Gastroenterology Medicine Physician
Full Time * Lanham & Annapolis, MD
Get ready for a bright future with us as we ignite a new era in community care. One that gives our patients easier access to what they need, when and where they need it.
Luminis Health, a progressive health system headquartered in picturesque Annapolis, Maryland, is seeking a BC/BE Gastroenterologist to provide general gastroenterology services to patients at both Anne Arundel Medical Center and Doctor’s Community Medical Center as part of Luminis Health Digestive Disease Program. We are looking for a physician who wants to be part of a collegial team in a community of excellent physicians of all specialties. Physicians will be expected to engage enthusiastically in the education of residents and colleagues in other specialties and disciplines.
Opportunities for clinical research and scholarship are available.
- Maintaining and growing specialty in medical community, ensuring efficient access and a high quality of clinical care, incorporating evidenced based practices in clinical decision making
- Participating in multidisciplinary care of the patient Implementing, coordinating, and administering diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients requiring care in the acute, post-acute and ambulatory care settings
- Facilitating communication and interactions between the patients, families, peers, ancillary staff, and consultants
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of medical records, orders, and documentation to maintain compliance with medical staff, local/state/federal, licensure and accreditation requirements
- Participating in practice and hospital/service call on scheduled days, on a rotational basis
- Supervising the activities and deployment of Advanced Practice Provider (APP’s) on the GI Service
- Overseeing Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education, as necessitated by presence of UGME and GME trainees
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (Doctor degree)
- Completion of residency in Gastroenterology
- Current state license to practice medicine, DEA, and CDS
- Board certificate in Gastroenterology
- Eligible for Maryland state license
We support our employees at every stage of life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits which include Medical, Dental & Vision, 403b w/matching, 457b, Paid Time Off (additional paid time off for your CMEs and CME dollars), Student Loan Assistance and much more!
The Next Step Is Yours! Pursue your purpose and let's work together to support our commitment of providing high-quality patient care for our communities.
For immediate consideration, please send your CV to: Courtney Gould, In-House Recruiter for Luminis Health System at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Luminis Health?
- Luminis Health is a 3-hospital system representing the Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis (AAMC), the Luminis Health McNew Family Medical Center in Annapolis, and the Luminis Health Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham (DCMC), serving a patient population of 1.7 million people across 8 counties. We have 35 hospital-based ORs and 2 ambulatory surgery centers, with annual surgical volumes in excess of 35,000. We have a strong track record of launching high-quality surgical programs, and our Abdominal Surgery, Breast Surgery, and Joint Replacement programs are the busiest in the state. We have robust Education, Simulation, and Research programs, and our Research Institute participates in many clinical trials, including industry and cooperative groups. AAMC is a Magnet designated, Leapfrog A rated, 5-star CMS-rated hospital, and has 10 specialties that ranked in the top decile nationally in the ACS NSQIP quality metrics. DCMC has been recognized as a high-performing hospital in colon cancer surgery and heart failure, has been recognized by Forbes list of best midsize employers, and earned Hospital Compare’s 4-star quality rating.
Luminis Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.