Board Certified Gastroenterology Opportunity in Greenville, NC
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Gastroenterology-Greenville are seeking a board eligible or board certified Gastroenterologist to join their growing gastroenterology practice located in Greenville, North Carolina. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
Greenville is a family-friendly mid-sized community located 80 miles east of Raleigh and 80 miles northwest of North Carolina’s beautiful Crystal Coast. With a mild climate that includes 4 seasons, close proximity to waterways, excellent school options, and an affordable cost of living-Greenville is the perfect place to call home.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians-Community Practice Model
- Opportunity for academic appointment with East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed tertiary referral center
- Growing 9-hosptial physician-led private not for profit healthcare system
- Established practice with 6 experienced gastroenterologists and 1 Nurse Practitioner
- Procedures will include bread and butter GI cases
- Large referral network including over 150 ECU Health Physicians practices and 9 ECU Health owned hospitals
- State of the art outpatient endoscopy center and newly renovated inpatient GI lab inclusive of 3 interventional rooms and 20 pre and post procedure bays
- Ability to teach and to be supported by the Gastroenterology Fellowship program that includes 6 Fellows as well as residents
- Fellows take first call
- Inpatient support by experienced hospitalist program (GI service is a consult service)
- Full motility study program
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package to include: guaranteed base salary, potential bonus structure, annual stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Ability to live in a vibrant university community with close proximity to the beautiful North Carolina beaches
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Brody School of Medicine
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with ECU Health Medical Center. ECU Health Medical Center is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Physician Services, Recruitment Media Specialist
Office Phone: (252) 847-9065