GI Hospitalist Expansion in North Carolina - Employed Position Near the Beautiful NC Coast
GI Hospitalist Opportunity In Greenville, NC
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina are seeking board eligible or board certified Gastroenterologist to work as GI Hospitalists. Opportunities are available due to expansion.
Greenville is a family-friendly mid-sized community located 80 miles east of Raleigh and 80 miles northwest of North Carolina’s beautiful Crystal Coast. With a mild climate that includes 4 seasons, close proximity to waterways, excellent school options, and an affordable cost of living-Greenville is the perfect place to call home.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians-Community Practice Model
- Opportunity for academic appointment with East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed tertiary referral center
- Growing 9-hospital physician-led private not for profit healthcare system
- 100% inpatient clinical responsibilities including consults and inpatient procedures
- Monday-Friday one week on one week off schedule
- One weekend of coverage per month
- State of the art newly renovated inpatient GI lab inclusive of 3 interventional rooms and 20 pre and post procedure bays
- Ability to teach and to be supported by the Gastroenterology fellowship program that includes 6 fellows as well as residents
- Fellows take first call
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package to include: guaranteed base salary, potential bonus structure, annual stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Ability to live in a vibrant university community with close proximity to the beautiful North Carolina beaches
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.