Advanced Endoscopist Opportunity in North Carolina - Health System Employment Model Near NC Coast
- ECU Health
- Greenville, North Carolina (US)
- Apr 11, 2023
- Jul 10, 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Gastroenterology-Greenville are seeking a board eligible or board certified Gastroenterologist to join their growing practice located in Greenville, North Carolina. Applicants should have fellowship training in Advanced Endoscopy and be proficient in EUS and ERCP.
Greenville is a family-friendly mid-sized community located 80 miles east of Raleigh and 80 miles northwest of North Carolina’s beautiful Crystal Coast. With a mild climate that includes 4 seasons, close proximity to waterways, excellent school options, and an affordable cost of living-Greenville is the perfect place to call home.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
- Growing physician-led not for profit healthcare system
- Established practice with 5 experienced gastroenterologists and 1 Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to teach medical students, residents and GI fellows
- High volume GI practice
- Large referral network including over 130 ECU Health Physicians practices and 9 ECU Health owned hospitals
- State of the art outpatient endoscopy center and newly renovated inpatient GI lab inclusive of 20 bays and 3 procedure rooms
- Inpatient support by experienced hospitalist program and fellows (GI service is a consult service)
- Ability to live in a vibrant university community with close proximity to the beautiful North Carolina beaches
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area.
Apply for Advanced Endoscopist Opportunity in North Carolina - Health System Employment Model Near NC Coast
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly