Physician - Gastroenterology
- Dartmouth Health
- Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Mar 13, 2023
- Apr 13, 2023
- Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Gastroenterology team at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join their growing, dynamic Section of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. The role includes; Diagnosis and treatment of digestive disorders and conditions and Endoscopic procedures, including colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. These team members will be joining our new Center for Digestive Health, a collaboration between Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Weight and Wellness, and Digestive Surgery.
What We're Looking For:
- Compassionate and collegial BC/BE Gastroenterologist.
- Knowledge of and expertise in clinical practice in gastroenterology and Hepatology, experience with teaching, telemedicine, and clinical research.
- Interest and willingness in traveling to provide clinical and procedural patient outreach to our Dartmouth Health partners at other regional sites.
- Able to take night and weekend call, and spend time on our GI inpatient consult service.
What Dartmouth Health and our team have to offer you:
- Established and growing patient population
- The premier academic medical center in Northern New England
- Academic Faculty Appointment with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- A collegial environment with a great culture built around teamwork and patient-centeredness.
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Dedicated vacation and CME time
What New England has to offer you:
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- An abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is rated as high performing in gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery by U.S. News & World Report in 2020-2021.
Dartmouth Health is an academic health system, serving patients across New England. A national leader in patient-centered health care, D-H is on a path to creating a sustainable health system for the region and as a model for the nation. Founded in 1893, the system includes New Hampshire's only Level 1 trauma center and its only air ambulance service, as well as the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation, and the Dartmouth Health Children's, the state's only Children's Hospital Association-approved, comprehensive, full-service children's hospital. As an academic health system, Dartmouth Health provides access to nearly 1,500 primary care doctors and specialists in almost every area of medicine, as well as world-class research with the Audrey and Theodor Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Gastroenterology
- Eligible to obtain a State of New Hampshire Medical License and Eligible to obtain other state licensure for telemedicine.
- Eligible to obtain federal DEA registration
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.