Faculty Gastroenterologist (GI) University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
- University of Texas Medical Branch(UTMB)
- Galveston, Texas; League City, TX
- Feb 28, 2023
- Mar 28, 2023
- Faculty, Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology, Research
Faculty Gastroenterologist (GI)
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
League City and Galveston, Texas
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)– Galveston, Texas
UTMB was established in 1891 as the first academic health center in Texas and is a component of the University of Texas System. Today UTMB includes four schools (medicine, nursing, health professions and graduate biomedical sciences), a network of hospitals and clinics that provide a full range of primary and specialized medical care, and numerous research facilities.
Gastroenterology Division at UTMB - The Division's faculty members are devoted to research and the clinical care of patients with gastrointestinal, liver, and nutritional disorders. The Division is also responsible for the Gastroenterology Training Program at The University of Texas Medical Branch and for teaching medical students, interns, residents, fellows and attending physicians. Services provided include Upper Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Small bowel Double Balloon Enteroscopy, Wireless capsule endoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasound, ERCP, Luminal stenting, Esophageal Manometry, PH Impedance testing, Smart Pill and Hemorrhoid Banding.
Faculty Gastroenterologist - The UTMB Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology seeks a full-time gastroenterologist to join our growing and robust program. Specific job-related functions may include:
- Building a state-of-the-art Gastroenterology practice at our Specialty Care Clinic at Victory Lakes, University Health Clinics, or other locations by working closely with the Director of the Division.
- Will see patients - 9 sessions per week (one session = one half day).
- Responsible for common shared activities of the division, including, but not limited to endoscopy procedures and inpatient services.
- Candidate will also participate in the teaching endeavors of the division and other activities as deemed necessary by the Division Director.
- M.D., D.O., or equivalent degree.
- Board Certification/Eligibility in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. (ACGME accredited)
- The ability to obtain an unrestricted state of Texas Medical License.
Income Package: A merit-based hiring incentive is available for new recruits. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, level of experience, and includes a path to performance- based incentives and academic promotion. In addition, UTMB offers a superior benefits package, an excellent retirement program, and a relocation allowance, if needed.
Living in South Houston and Galveston, Texas: Galveston Island is home to approximately 50,000 residents and is known for its 32 miles of Gulf Coast beaches, temperate climate, wide array of leisure and cultural activities, and affordable cost of living – all just south of Houston, the 4th largest city in the US. More information about UTMB and Galveston can be found on the UTMB Living Website: http://www.utmb.edu/utmbliving/
For more information, please submit a current and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to,
Skott Harrington at: email@example.com
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.