Director of Inflammatory Bowel Disease - The University of Alabama at Birmingham
The University of Alabama (UAB) School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology seeks a Director of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) due to growth. The incoming director will primarily oversee the IBD program, interacting with The Kirklin Clinic Specialty Pharmacy, nursing administration, endoscopy unit personnel, and patient representatives to optimize patient care issues for the IBD program. Candidates should have at least five years of gastroenterology experience, mainly focused on IBD care in a clinical setting.
About UAB Digestive Health Center
Created in 2013, the UAB Digestive Health Center helps patients more effectively manage digestive conditions and improve their lifestyles. It is staffed by a multi-specialty team of physicians and other healthcare professionals, including nurses and technicians who are highly skilled in caring for patients with gastrointestinal diseases. UAB Medicine is known worldwide as a leading center for digestive and liver disorders. Its gastroenterology and GI program is consistently ranked among the nation's best by US News & World Report. UAB sees more than 20,000 patients and performs more than 12,000 outpatient procedures yearly.
- Only program of its kind in Alabama that specializes in caring for patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Help lead a program that's committed to improving the lives of patients with all forms of IBD by providing cutting-edge clinical care, novel treatments through clinical trials, and educating both patients and providers
- Clinical and basic science research efforts seek to advance UAB Digestive Health Center's knowledge and treatment of IBD and find a cure for these debilitating diseases
- Leadership opportunity in IBD with a base salary of $500,000 to $600,000 and a sign-on bonus of up to $75,000 with a top-tier academic program in a top Southeast City
- Build and Grow an IBD program at a highly-ranked academic organization with a world-class Digestive Disease Department
- Focus your time on research and teaching with some clinical time
- UAB is ranked a Best College by US News & World Report
- UAB Medicine is known worldwide as a leading center for digestive and liver disorders, and its gastroenterology and GI program is consistently ranked among the nation's best by US News & World Report
- UAB was ranked one of Forbes' Best Large Employers in the US for 2022
- UAB is one of the leading economic engines of Alabama, with a nearly $4 billion budget and a statewide economic impact exceeding $7 billion annually
Community Highlights – Live and Work in Birmingham, Alabama
Bursting with Southern charm and hospitality, Birmingham is a diverse city rich in culture with a small-town feel and a close-knit community. The city and surrounding region have something for everyone, with various events throughout the year and tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike.
- US News ranks Birmingham as a Best Place to Live in the nation
- Benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living about 24% lower than the national average
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for various outdoor recreation and top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city
- Enjoy convenient access to the mountains, the Gulf Coast, and other large metropolitan areas such as Atlanta and Nashville, as well as many Birmingham amenities—including an international airport, live entertainment, arts offerings, and professional sporting events
- Seven Birmingham restaurants and chefs have received the prestigious James Beard Award