Academic Chief, Gastroenterology
Academic Chief, Gastroenterology
North Shore University Hospital / Long Island Jewish Medical Center
The Department of Medicine/Medicine Service Line is seeking a physician-scientist leader for the position of Chief, Division of Gastroenterology at our academic flagship hospitals, North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Commitment to scholarship and development of a basic science/translational and clinical research program is essential for this position. The ideal candidate would be a mid-level to senior physician with a track record of research publications and previously or actively federally (NIH) funded research. Responsibilities and tasks of the role include:
- Working with the chair on all matters related to clinical operations.
- Ensure high quality patient care through the development and standardization of clinical care processes and protocols, educational seminars, quality metrics, outcome measures and process improvement initiatives.
- Continue to develop a culture of academic scholarship including matters relating to quality improvement, health equity and patient outcomes.
- Ensure the productivity of physician faculty and support staff.
- Maintain and improve upon the educational excellence within the department.
About Northwell Health System:
As New York State’s largest private employer and one of the nation’s largest health care systems, Northwell Health is home to more than 80,000+ employees, 23 hospitals, 850 ambulatory facilities, and various urgent care centers, pharmacies, and additional health services. Northwell Health delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area, pioneering research at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research, and training the next generation of medical professionals through the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Northwell trains more than 2000 residents and fellows in 160 programs. Five Northwell hospitals are rated top-50 national ratings in 28 adult medical specialties in US News & World Report’s 2022-23 Best Hospital rankings. Northwell has been named as a Best Place to Work by both Fortune and Glassdoor, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work for Diversity and Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma.
About North Shore University Hospital (NSUH)
North Shore University Hospital, a 766-bed teaching hospital, is one of the cornerstones of Northwell Health, providing the full spectrum of clinical healthcare services for patients of all ages. Located in Manhasset, New York, NSUH employs more than 1,900 nurses and 6,000 employees. NSUH was nationally recognized in 9 specialties on the U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-21 Best Hospitals rankings. NSUH is Long Island’s highest rated hospital and among the top 4 in New York state. North Shore University Hospital is also a major university teaching hospital for the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. With a 58-acre campus, NSUH has the space and resources to provide a wide range of specialty and subspecialty residency programs, postgraduate training programs, and clinical fellowships for research and education. North Shore University Hospital is embarking on a $400 million expansion project.
About Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJMC)
Long Island Jewish Medical Center is a 583-bed teaching hospital, serving the greater metropolitan New York area. Located in New Hyde Park, New York, Long Island Jewish offers world-class clinical programs. The 48-acre campus features three major facilities: Long Island Jewish Hospital, Cohen Children’s Medical Center, and Zucker Hillside Hospital. Patients come first in everything this hospital does. LIJMC is nationally recognized in 5 adult specialties in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-21 Best Hospitals Rankings. It is among the top 10 highest ranked medical centers in New York State. With 6,500 employees and 4,000 physicians, LIJMC’s primary focus is on the complete care of the patient, with a healing environment, compassionate hospitality, and a collaborative team approach to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
The Hofstra-Northwell Gastroenterology Fellowship is a three-year fellowship located at North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Our fellows serve an incredibly diverse patient population through a broad array of clinical rotations, both inside and outside the hospital setting, in addition to protected time for research and academic pursuits.
- M.D. Degree or equivalent from an accredited College of Medicine.
- Completion of residency with Board Certification or eligibility.
- Completion of fellowship in Gastroenterology with Board Certification or eligibility
- Currently licensed as a physician in the State of New York.
- Outstanding communication and management skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with medical staff, hospital management, and staff.
- Previous division, department, or residency program leadership
Please send your CV and Letter of Interest to the Office of Physician Recruitment, OPR@northwell.edu.