Gastroenterologist- Brooklyn & Bethpage Long Island
- Emblem Health
- Brooklyn, New York (US)
- Feb 08, 2023
- Apr 08, 2023
- Academia, Community Health, Healthcare
- Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology
Gastroenterologist- Brooklyn & Bethpage Long Island
- Downtown/East New York Brooklyn
- Bethpage/Babylon Long Island
AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest primary and specialty care practices in New York City. With more than 35 medical offices and over half a million patients across all five boroughs* and Long Island, ACPNY aspires to be a home for health for the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through a “whole you” care approach that recognizes the physical, mental, and lifestyle factors that impact a patient’s health. When our teams of providers, nurses, and specialists work together, we can get patients in sooner, answer their questions in real time, and give them the support they need to achieve their health goals. ACPNY is also driven by a commitment to diversity, an unyielding desire to deliver high-quality care, and community-focused collaboration. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, ACPNY strives to always create healthier futures for our patients.
We are seeking Gastroenterology trained physicians to join us full time in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide general Gastroenterology services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance. in our Babylon/Bethpage medical offices We additionally have an opening in our Downtown/East New York Brooklyn locations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- One to three years of gastroenterology clinical experience in an outpatient setting.
- Ability to diagnose and treat a wide variety of gastroenterology conditions and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate competency in diagnosis and treatment to assure high standards of patient care and safety are maintained.
- Patient-centered approach toward a positive patient experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in Population Health Management.
- Detailed understanding of the intestines and gastrointestinal tract.
- Perform a wide range of non-invasive Gastroenterology procedures.
- Examine and treat disorders and diseases of the nutritional problems and malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) a host of other disease conditions colon and bowel cancers, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancers.
- Review patient’s history and perform physical examinations. Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care.
- Recommend suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
- Provide relationship-centered care, taking into account the patient’s psychosocial and physical needs.
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination results. Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care.
- Participate in medical staff educational programs and meetings.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or foreign equivalent
- Completion of four year post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in area of practice and three years of gastroenterology fellowship training
- Hold accreditation from the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Gastroenterology
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
- Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
Salary Range: $350,000-$475,000
A good faith estimate of the compensation range for individuals hired to work for the EmblemHealth Family of Companies is provided. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business considerations. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case’s facts and circumstances. Union roles covered by a collective bargaining agreement will compensate in accordance with the union contract.
AdvantageCare Physician’s EEOC Statement
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Competitive Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary
- Sign-on Bonus
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
To apply, please contact: SScherr@emblemhealth.com
Apply for Gastroenterologist- Brooklyn & Bethpage Long Island
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly