Hepatology - Gastroenterology - Physician - Mount Sinai South Nassau
- Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital
- Oceanside, New York
- Feb 03, 2023
- Apr 12, 2023
- Healthcare, Hospital
- Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology, Physician
Mount Sinai South Nassau is currently seeking a Hepatologist!
The Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Mount Sinai South Nassau (MSSN) is looking to expand its division and is seeking a Gastroenterologist with specialized interest in Hepatology!
We are recruiting for a full-time Hepatologist specialist to provide high quality personalized comprehensive Hepatology care in an inpatient and outpatient setting at Mount Sinai South Nassau. At MSSN, our faculty enjoy rewarding and diverse careers in clinical care and involvement in our educational and research missions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for evaluating, diagnosing, and managing patients requiring a Hepatologist’s consultation, including appropriate GI procedures with a focus on Hepatology.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Assessing and treating liver disease in both the inpatient and ambulatory settings
• Demonstrated ability to work within interdisciplinary teams is critical
• The candidate is expected to contribute to the Center’s goals of providing high-quality clinical care, research, teaching, and community outreach.
• Assist in identifying strategic opportunities, and implementation of quality improvements
• Assist with teaching our GI fellows, residents, and students.
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New York Medical License or able to obtain one
• Board Certified or Eligible in Gastroenterology
• Completed an accredited Gastroenterology Fellowship
• Completion of an advanced Hepatology Fellowship (Preferred)
• Opportunities for formal teaching and clinical research at the Icahn School of Medicine
• Includes an academic appointment at the Icahn School of Medicine at a rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
About Mount Sinai South Nassau:
Mount Sinai South Nassau is one of the eight hospitals that is part of the Mount Sinai Health System and is the health systems’ flagship hospital for Long Island, located in Oceanside, NY. About 30 minutes from NYC. Mount Sinai South Nassau is an award-winning, acute care, not-for-profit teaching hospital located in Nassau County, Long Island, New York and is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,300 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 415 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and is top in the nation by specialty: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital is ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” among the country’s best in four out of 10 pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools," aligned with a U.S. News & World Report "Honor Roll" Hospital, and No. 14 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding. Newsweek’s “The World’s Best Smart Hospitals” ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally. For more information, visit https://www.mountsinai.org or find Mount Sinai on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System